3dmappers

Models and Layers

• Thank you received: 0

ilTac created the topic: Models and Layers

Hi guys, here I am for my first post. Again sorry for my enghlis if it's not good, as i wrote in the presentation i'm an italyan guy.
I have two questions.
First question is about the model scale, i know how to change the models' size but is it possible to change the size not in scale? Is it possible change, for example, only the lenght. I would like to make a couch just longer and not longer and taller than the original. is it possible?
Second question is about the layers. When i create new layer then i select a couch and a chair, i select on the layer "Add selected Brushes" but if i click "hide layer" the couch and chair don't desapper. Why?
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 38

2BD replied the topic: Models and Layers

Hi iltac

for your first question no its not possible to do that BUT you can build your own model in blender3d and then import it into the game.

secondly for your Layers
press L to bring up the layer dialog box

Create a new Layer
make one layer active
Select one or more brushes / models

and then rightclick in the 2d window
and then ADD selected to active

now you can click on the box before the layers and select the one that you want to hide or press H

Mapping Modding Programming Sniping webmastering in random order
Attachments:

• Thank you received: 0

ilTac replied the topic: Models and Layers

Thank you 2BD for the answer,
Now i can put brushes/models in a layer and hide them thank you. For the models i don't know how to create them on blender, so i have to use the standard size on radiant.

• Thank you received: 38

2BD replied the topic: Models and Layers

Blender 3d is not difficult you can learn it in about 2 weeks. There is some nice introduction videos in our Totorial collection

Mapping Modding Programming Sniping webmastering in random order
The following user(s) said Thank You: ilTac